EJW

EJW

Saturday, May 16, 2015

You Say


It hurts
You say it will heal
You say you love me
You think about it
How it slipped from your mouth
You examined my lies
Ripped them from my insides
Tossed them out with peels and cores
It burns
You say it will get better
You say there is nothing to fear
And soon I won’t recognize myself
You wrote about it
How it came down to bolts and wires
You told me to open my eyes
You said you are my lover
So let’s not fuck around
We bleed our existential in this full moon
It aches
You say it will stop
You say you want me
From now on you’ll protect me
From this bullshit I put myself through
You will teach me how to walk again
You will force these bones to knit
If it takes re-breaking them
I float above you for fractions
I ride the current you breathe
Nothing can enter my circle
No one can be here but you
You say you know me
You say this is a good night
To let our shields lay low
No more war, no more fray
And I believe
Every word
You say


No comments:

Post a Comment