EJW

EJW

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Futility


Dead ants are dotting the floors, making me gag and flinch
The clock on the wall has been stuck on 3:36 for three days
I don’t want to move from this spot and I will defy gravity
Light, dark, light again and I will not obey these demands
I’ll hold my breath until I turn blue, I’ll run with scissors
Futility is a cruel and heartless beast and in its clutches I’m bleeding
The wind is lashing at the screens and the birds have fallen silent
I’m waiting for a storm to come unleash the mad Queen
The shadow of the heartless wraith lingering in empty sets
A man who ate my flesh and drank my blood
And dabbed his mouth with an elegant napkin
Before boarding a plane and whisking away
I’m waiting for retribution from the trailing, black-eyed wolves
The payback for what has fallen through the ice
A moment of darkness where the glint from an eye
Can shatter time
I have only dead ants and broken clocks this night
And this motionless creature with stubborn intent
Being cradled by her own Futility 

No comments:

Post a Comment