EJW

EJW

Saturday, May 16, 2015

PUSH on


There is a broken chime to teach us all
We push on with the strength of women
Clearing days from underneath the brush
The stars pour light on each of us
Was it wrong to ache to see your face
To turn the dark and long around
To strike at the hollow with a vengeance
I kept chanting that I would not be broken
I said I wouldn’t give in without a fight
And the colors that you painted me
Closed around me to surprise the night
There is a wilting sprout to teach us all
We tear through veils and conquer fear
Gathering waves from a patchwork sea
And you will come to swim with me
It’s not wrong to cry to hear your voice
To turn the silent judgment into song
To burn a fire set to bring down a mountain
I insisted that we would push on
I gave my heart and soul to a prayer
And all this time and space spent circling
My eyes finally open and you are still there


No comments:

Post a Comment