EJW

EJW

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Interactive


I thought we were interactive
What else could we possibly be?
With these videos and images
Things moving, sounds happening
Life charging in around us and
Distracting us from what we want
You caught something sentimental
Fished it out of the gutter for me
Love washed us and put us to bed
But I was still hungry
I always feel so hungry
You’re afraid to eat anything
I’m walking now, foot and leg
My bones aren’t breaking
Silence the nay-sayers just a while
Come up to the roof and watch stars with me
Be something more than the waste
Be otherworldly and meaningful
Yes, I understand, on with the show
I have lived here and someone should know
If we can’t create our own people
Then what?
If the seeds won’t take root for us
Then what?
We’ll be pioneers for some new thing
We’ll bridge gaps and cross horizons
To get to the point
To find the heart of the matter
But if I find I can’t move self anymore
You’ll have to move for both you and me
I thought we were interactive
What else could we possibly be?

No comments:

Post a Comment